What If A Tornado Damages My Property
What USA DAMAGE RESPONSE TEAM Can Do for You When a Tornado Damages Your Property
- First, call your insurance company to report the claim. Help prepare a written notice of the claim,
and then send notice of the claim in writing, either by mail, fax or email. You’ll also want to be sure to write down your claim number.
- Help you get an advance. Many insurance companies will routinely make an immediate payment of $1,500.00 to $5,000.00 when the policyholder has had significant property damage.
- Review your insurance policy to Understand Your Coverages. We will find out what it covers and what it doesn’t. If you have lost your policy in the storm or simply can’t find it, we will ask your insurance company to send you a copy.
- Help determine if your insurance company policy will pay the expenses your family incurs living elsewhere while the home is repaired. Most homeowner policies reimburse the policyholder for reasonable expenses of establishing and maintaining a second household while the insured residence is being repaired. If your home was completely destroyed, it could take six months or more to rebuild it.
- Help You Take Inventory and Prevent Mistakes. Your initial impulse after a disaster damages your insured property is to clean up and throw away the damaged items. Resist that impulse for just a bit, and we can help you record the damage. We will take pictures and video and collect information and record all the damage for you. First rule pf thumb is to not throw anything away as it may be needed as evidence of the damage that will need to be examined by the Insurance company.
- We will Communicate with the insurance company in writing on your behalf. If you have a telephone or in-person conversation with the insurance adjuster, confirm it in writing afterwards. We will write or email the insurance company to get a status on your claim. This prevents misunderstandings.
- We will chronologically track your claim and communicate the status throughout. You will have enough to worry about when you are out of your home or when it is in disrepair. Dealing with the Insurance companies is often difficult. Let us help take that burden off of your shoulders.
- We will help you find contractors to take immediate action to remedy any condition on your property which could lead to further damage. Insurance policies generally require the policyholder to mitigate his damages. Discuss with your insurance adjuster whether the policy will pay for temporary repairs.
- We will provide the insurance company with the documentation it requests. Insurance policies require the policyholder to cooperate with the investigation of the claim, which includes producing certain documents or papers on request. If the policyholder fails to produce the requested documents, the insurance company may be able to refuse to pay the insurance claim on that basis. We will take care that all of the documentation required by the insurance company is handled in a professional and prompt manner.
- We will demand frequent updates from your insurance company on your claim. We want you to get prompt attention to processing your claim and we know the more we nudge the insurance companies the better they respond.
Contact Us After a Tornado hits your property. You will be glad you did.
IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE DAMAGE CLAIM TO YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
CONTACT USA DAMAGE RESPONSE TEAM TODAY