What to Do After a Hail Storm
It is hard to believe in the Sunshine State that we have to worry about hail, but believe it or not a Florida is a TOP 10 STATES FOR HAIL LOSSES, 2000-2013 according to a study done by Verisk Insurance Solutions, Property Hail Claims in the United States: 2000-2013, August 2014.
When a Hail Storm hits your client’s property they need to take the following steps to prepare to file a claim with their insurance company.
Note the date and time of the storm. You will need to have the client prepare the following for their Insurance Claim:
- Date of loss
- Type of loss or damage
- Location of damage
- Any related injuries
- Others involved
- Condition of the property
- Description of damaged contents
- Whether or not temporary repairs are necessary
After the storm we can document and photograph and identify all of the damage that may have impacted the Property Owners home or business including:
- Hail stones covering the yard, sidewalk and patios.
- Hail stones set next to a tape measure.
The size of a hail stone is directly proportional to the potential for damage to the roof and shingles.
How USA DAMAGE RESPONSE TEAM Can Help You After a Hail Storm
- We will provide you a A Detailed Damage Assessment of Your Client’s Property to determine the extent of their Hail damage
- We will Review their Roof – looking for obvious signs of roof damage such as missing or torn shingles.
- We will review Outdoor air conditioning units.
Hail stones can dent and bend the cooling fins, blocking the air flow.
- We will looked around inside the attic for any signs of a leak.
- We will review any other property cars, boats, motorcycles that may have been damaged by the hail storm
- We review their insurance policy to make sure they are covered for the Hail Storm Damage
- We handle all the any contractor communication and can be on site when the insurance company sends over their adjusters, contractors and engineers to give you insight into what they are investigating that might affect your client’s case
- We oversee any damage estimates by General Contractors, repair services, and others needed to repair your property damage
- We work with attorneys that can handle any litigation support needed for your client’s Hail Storm damage
IF WE FIND DAMAGE WE WILL COORDINATE FOR AN EXPERT LIKE A ROOFER TO INVESTIGATE AND CONFIRM DAMAGE & PROVIDE AN ESTIMATE
The roofing contractor will walk your client’s roof with our USA DAMAGE RESPONSE TEAM representative to assess if it has sustained hail damage to reasonably justify an insurance claim.
We will only recommend Roofing companies based on the following selection criteria:
- They must be factory-certified roofing contractor in your area.
GAF and CertainTeed are the two largest shingle and roofing material manufacturers in the USA.
Find a GAF Master Elite™ or a CertainTeed Premier roofing contractor.
- They must have an A- Rating or better from the Better Business Bureau.
- We will coordinate with your client and roofing contractor for an appointment for a roof inspection.
- We will be at your client’s property to meet the roofing contractor.
to show the roofer the damage we already found and review any videos and photos that are available. We will recommend that the roofer outline the hail damaged areas in chalk and take photos to review with you.
- Be absolutely clear there will be no repairs made at the time of the inspection
- Your client’s will not be pressured into signing anything!
- If the roof inspection found evidence of hail damage, the roofing contractor will be able to give an opinion on the damage is warranted.
USA DAMAGE RESPONSE TEAM will properly document your loss to give your claim the highest probability of successful payment.
IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE YOUR CLIENT’S HAVE A DAMAGE CLAIM TO THEIR HOME OR BUSINESS
CONTACT USA DAMAGE RESPONSE TEAM TODAY